公司名称 : Jumia - Chief Operations Officer
工作类型 : 全职
所属部门 : Functional Leadership
行业类型 : 电商
工作城市 : 肯尼亚内罗毕
发布时间 : 2019-05-16
Chief Operations Officer, Kenya
Co-CEO of Jumia, Jeremy Hodara will be in Shanghai/Shenzhen and Beijing next week and would really like to meet the applicants.
Here are some key highlights on Jumia: https://group.jumia.com/
- Jumia is the first e-commerce plateform in Africa, it is a 100% Africa 100% Internet company
- It is also the first African technology company to list on the New York Stock exchange
- We have different business lines: Jumia ecommerce, Jumia Food, Jumia travel, Jumia Pay
- Our 4500+ employees are based in 14 countries in Africa, and our headquarters is in Dubai.
The Jumia Kenya COO (Ecommerce) will be responsible for leading the improvement of the Jumia Ecommerce Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & Operational Profitability in her or his country. Ensuring sharp execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading country related specific projects to reach those objectives.
1. Management & recruitment
- Managing the country’s teams / efforts in terms of customer and vendor experience, customer service, production, IT local resources.
- Leading recruitment when necessary.
2. Leadership & influencing
- Interacting with other local & central teams to explain projects & solicit support.
3. Projects/routines definition & execution
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their sharp and timely local execution
- Ensuring harsh execution of the centrally defined routines
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness.
- Collecting detailed feedbacks from customers & vendors
- Feeding central team with their synthesis and the related necessary improvements
1. Strong experience (>6 years) in senior operations management, deep culture & knowledge of Customer & Vendor Experience best practices in ecommerce, ideally specifically in developing countries.
2. > 8 years total experience
3. Strong inter-personal skills: convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
4. Ability to manage efficiently multiple teams
5. Hands on & results oriented - excited by solving problems yourself
6. Well organized
7. Strong analytically (good with numbers & analysis - we have a lot of them!)
8. Excellent communication skills in English
1. A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
2. A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
3. The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
4. Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures)